Penelec First Energy Co is a private company categorized under Business Services headquartered in Akron, Ohio. Subsidiaries and affiliates of this diversified energy company are involved in the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity, as well as energy management and other energy-related services.
First Energy Electric Company provides safe and reliable electric service in Ohio since 1930. For convenience of customers, FirstEnergy has provided a number of options for receiving and paying your electric bill online. Here is provided step-by-step process of Penelec First Energy online bill payment.
Screenshot of homepage of www.firstenergycorp.com
First Energy Co is the nation’s fifth largest investor-owned electric system that serves electric service to 4.5 million customers within 36,100 square miles of Ohio, Pennsylvania and New Jersey and its generation subsidiaries control more than 14,000 megawatts of capacity. It supplies electricity to numerous customers in Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. It continues to explore a wide range of technologies to improve customer service, decrease costs and increase revenues. Through a redesigned Customer Service Web site and by implementing of an interactive voice recognition system, they enhanced their customer service. You can select any one payment option or even use bank’s online bill payment service. Viewing and paying bills online is completely free.
Electronic Billing: (Online payment)
Now, you can pay Penelec First Energy Bill online at www.firstenergycorp.com. It is a secure and effortless way to view and pay electric bills online.
Benefits of eBill:
- It is convenient way as you can look up your account information anytime and from anywhere with Internet access. Also, you will get a monthly e-mail notification when your bill is ready to be viewed.
- It is a paperless. You will have fewer bills clutter in your mailbox, where your personal information could be a target of theft. If you need your bill for records, then you can easily print a copy of it.
- It is paperless because using less paper is better for the environment.
- It is free and secure way.
For an online account and sign up, you have to register on the website. If you already have an online account but not signed up for eBill, then you can log in at the site to set up this convenient service.
Registered users can:
- Pay bills online anytime – day or night
- View detailed billing and payment history
- Access the Home Energy Analyzer
How it works?
- You will receive an e-mailed confirmation upon successful registration and gain access to your online account.
- Once you registered at the web site for the program, you will receive a monthly e-mail notification when your bill is ready.
- Note: It is your responsibility to make sure your electric bill is paid each month; even in the event your notification e-mail is not successfully delivered to you (e.g. spam blockers).
How to cancel eBill?
After enrolling in the Automatic Credit Card Payment Program, when you request that eBill to be cancelled, you will be eliminated from that program as participation in eBill is mandatory for that option.
- Using your user name and password, first sign in at the site
- Visit My Account page and click on Cancel button to the right of the eBill option under the My Billing & Payments section.
- Click on the Yes button to confirm that you want to be eliminated from the eBill program.
- You will receive an e-mail confirming, the removal upon successful cancellation of the eBill program. With your next meter reading, you will start receiving paper bills through the U.S. Mail starting.
Other payment options:
Equal Payment Plan (EPP):
You are billed one-twelfth of your annual estimated usage each month in FirstEnergy’s Equal Payment Plan. Ohio and Pennsylvania operating company customers have their accounts reviewed quarterly and the payment amount adjusted to account for your actual household use during the year. The reviews take place in the 8th and 12th months in New Jersey.
EPP is calculated on distribution charges only when you have selected an alternate electric generation supplier. The amount that a supplier charge is not included in the EPP amount, means those charges are over and above the EPP calculated amount. The amount due is adjusted higher or lower than your usual amount on the anniversary month of your enrollment in order to bring your balance for the year to zero. To ensure the appropriate payment amount for the new plan year, your account is reviewed yearly.
Checkless Payment Plan:
On the due date listed on your electric bill, your bill payment is deducted automatically from your bank account with FirstEnergy’s Checkless Payment Plan. Without having to worry about writing a check or buying a stamp or possibly losing your payment in the mail, you know your electric bill is paid on time.
Automatic Credit Card Payment Program:
Five days after the billing date listed on your electric bill, your monthly electric bill is automatically charged to your Visa® or MasterCard® consumer credit or debit card with the Automatic Credit Card Payment Program. Your electric bill is paid on time and you don’t have to worry about writing a check, buying a stamp, or losing your payment in the mail.
Pay by phone:
You can also pay your monthly bill at anytime over the phone using your Credit/Debit Card or ATM Debit Card. It is a quick, easy and secure way. Call 1-866-569-4770.
Please have the following information ready:
- Month/year expiration date
- Zip code where the card statement is mailed
- 3-digit security card (CVV) from back of card
- Telephone Number
- Pen and paper to write down the confirmation number
- Electric company account number
- Amount of payment
- Your credit or ATM debit number on the front of your card
A confirmation number will be provided after the approval of your one-time payment. Payments made before 12 midnight will be credited to your account on the next business day and payments made after 12 midnight will be credited to your account within two business days.
For payment, call during normal business hours (Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM).
Authorized payment agents:
To make paying your electric bill more convenient, FirstEnergy has contracted with various establishments in each of service areas. At any authorized payment agent location, customers may make their payments for a nominal fee per transaction. Fees may vary by individual location.
Pay by mail:
To pay by mail, simply enclose your check or money order along with the return stub from your bill form in the return envelope included with your monthy bill. You can see bill for details.