The official website of the Stanford University is www.stanford.edu. Stanford University is common name of Leland Stanford Junior University. It is a private research university which is placed in Stanford, California, United States. Stanford is one of the biggest universities in California and established in the year 1891 by Leland Stanford.
From the United States and over the world, Stanford University enrolls more than 6,800 undergraduate and 8,300 graduate students. The Stanford University is divided into various schools like Stanford Law School, Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford Business School, and Stanford School of Engineering.
Academic ranking of World has given second rank to Stanford University among the world universities. In the nation, the undergraduate program of Stanford University is ranked fourth by U.S News & World report. The main motto of the Stanford University is “The wind of freedom blows”. It has 14,945 students in the University and assets of US$12.6 billion endowment which is the third largest of any academic institution.
Stanford offers webmail service to its students. Stanford webmail is a full-featured messaging which offers email, address book, calendaring and task list. Stanford Webmail allows to its students to access, send, receive and manage your email through a web browser.
Stanford Webmail is best service for its students. From any computer, you can access your Stanford Webmail account with any web browser and an Internet connection. No need of any software to download. If you Log-In in your account then you have to properly log-out otherwise your account may accessible by other people. If you want to logged-out then safest and secure is to quite the browser.
- You can easily login in your webmail account. Just you need to enter the SUNetID and Password on the WebLogin page and click the Login button.
- To continue to webmail, click the link.
- Then you will appear on your Webmail Inbox.
- If you want to read the message then click once anywhere on the message row.
- If you want to give reply of any mail then click the “Reply” button on the email toolbar. When you are finished composing your reply message then click on “Send” button.
- If you want to view your inbox and recover any new mail then click the Inbox in your folders list, or you have to click on the “GetMail” button.
- If you want to send a new message then click on the “New” button. The message composition window appears.
- Then you have to enter “To” and “Subject” fields. Then compose your message.
- When you complete then click on the “Send” button to send your message.
With Stanford Webmail you can also Add Names to Email from an Address Book, Send Mail with Attachments, Create a Filter, Create a Spam Filter, Set Up Group Contact List, Move Emailed Contact to Contacts List, Search Contacts vs. Searching Company Contacts, Search Email, Search Stanford Who from Stanford Email & Calendar, Share an Email Folder, Create a Mail Signature, Create and Work With Tags, View Mail.
Add Names to Email from an Address Book: Stanford Webmail offers its students more than one address book. There are three types of address books provided to its students.
- Contacts & addresses you add to your default contact list
- Personal and Shared Contacts—create a personal address book and add contacts Shared Contacts are address books that someone has shared with you.
- Global Address Book—Stanford Who lookup
Send Mail with Attachments: You can send Email messages with attachments. You can attach documents, pictures, slide shows, spreadsheets and more. Receiver of your email message must need the suitable software to open.
Create a Filter: Email filtering provides you to define rules to manage your incoming emails. On incoming mail, Filtering applies a set of rules. You can easily filter your incoming email messages by Sort them into Folders, Automatically tag them, Forward them, Discard them.
Create a Spam Filter: If you want to create a spam filter to automatically filter or delete email which has been labeled as spam by the Stanford spam filters. For more information about Spam Filter, click here.
Set Up Group Contact List: With Group Contacts feature you can create contact list which is also known as email aliases. If you select a group contact name then all address is included in the group list automatically is added into the address field of the message.
Move Emailed Contact to Contacts List: If you compose an email then auto-complete feature shows a list of names from your address books which match the text you are typing. You can add the contacts list in the email messages to your contact list, when you receive the message.
For login, just you need SUNetID and Password which given by your Stanford University. It is your personal ID and Password, you cannot share it with anyone. For login, you have to enter the ID and password. then click on the Login button.