National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), Chennai is a technical arm of the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India. In various mission mode project activities related to Ocean Engineering and Ocean Resource Exploitation, NIOT is functioning with the broad objective of promoting technology development. Applications are invited from talented and motivated candidates by Institute.
In November 1993, the National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) was established as an autonomous society under the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India. A Governing Council manages NIOT and the head of the Institute is the Director. The main target of starting NIOT under the Ministry of Earth Sciences, is to develop reliable indigenous technology to solve the various engineering problems associated with harvesting of non-living and living resources in the Indian Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ), which is about two-thirds of the land area of India.
Applications are invited for the following Regular/Project posts,
- Scientist – C, PB-3–Rs.15,600–39,100 + 6600, 3 posts are available.
- Scientist – B, PB-3–Rs.15,600–39,100 + 5400, 1 post is available
- Skilled Technical Staff, PB-1–Rs.5,200 – 20,200 + 1900, 2 posts are available
In case the candidate is not suitable for Regular Post, she/he may be considered for the project post:
- Project Scientist – II (Equivalent to Scientist – C), Consolidated Salary Range (Rs.) 41,400 to 46,900
- Project Scientist – I (Equivalent to Scientist – B), Consolidated Salary Range (Rs.) 39,400 to 44,600
- Project Skilled Assistant (Equivalent to Skilled Technical Staff), Consolidated Salary Range (Rs.) 13,000 to 14,700
- Project Accounts Officer, Consolidated Salary Range (Rs.), 1 post is available
- Project Sr. Asst., Consolidated Salary Range (Rs.), 1 post is available
- Project Jr. Asst. (Hindi), Consolidated Salary Range (Rs.), 1 post is available
Last date for receipt of Applications: 15th JULY 2010.
- The candidates are requested to note the following :
- The application form is accessible online in NIOT web-site http://www.niot.res.in/recruit/cv/advertisement.php. The candidate has to fill the application online and applicants will be provided with an online Registration Number upon submission. the candidate has to take a print out after allotment of Registration Number, duly sign and send along with copies of the following certificates:
- Qualification certificates
- Mark List
- Experience certificates
- Caste certificate
- In the space, Paste a recent passport size color photograph, provided for at the right top portion on the first page of the application.
- Experience in a discipline/area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed qualifications for that post.
- The appointment would be on regular basis, if found suitable. Pay and allowances will generally be as per Central Government rules, as applicable from time to time. In case the candidate is not found suitable for Regular Post, she/he may be considered for the project post on consolidated salary as given below :
- Cadre Consolidated Salary Range (Rs.)
- Project Scientist – II, (Equivalent to Scientist – C) = 41,400 to 46,900
- Project Scientist – I, (Equivalent to Scientist – B) = 39,400 to 44,600
- Project Skilled Assistant = 13,000 to 14,700
- The consolidated salary will be fixed for Project post anywhere in the salary range given, depending upon the experience and suitability of the candidate based on the recommendations of the Selection Committee. The project post engagement is time bound and purely temporary on contract basis and the duration of the engagement would be initially for a period of 1 year and extendable till XI Five Year Plan Period i.e. up to 31.03.2012.
- The candidates should not have exceeded the maximum age limit specified above as on the last date of receipt of Applications. A maximum relaxation of 5 years in age is applicable to SC/ST and candidates working in Government of India / Autonomous organizations of GOI; 10 years in age is applicable to physically disabled persons and 3 years for OBC candidates. Relaxation will be given only on production of original caste certificate.
- Candidates working in NIOT are entitled for age relaxation as per NIOT rules and regulations. Age relaxation may be considered for general candidates in exceptionally deserving cases.
- Candidates who are in Government / autonomous Institutions and PSU should forward their applications only through proper channel.
- NIOT may fix suitable norms for shortlisting the applications depending upon the vacancies available and the area in which the vacancies exist.
- Mere possession of the education qualifications and requisite experience will not entitle any right to call for interview or selection.
- The Advt. No., Post No., Post Name and Discipline should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
- Out station candidates called for the Interview will be reimbursed with eligible fare by the shortest route from the place of duty / residence on production of proof.
- The candidates selected are liable to work anywhere in India and can be posted in any of the projects in NIOT.
- Attested copies of certificates / testimonials (for age, qualification & experience proof) should be enclosed along with the applications. Enclose publications/re-prints etc., if any also with the application. Write `Enclosure Sl No. __________’ as mentioned in the application.
- The candidates interviewed and found not suitable for the post applied for, may be considered for a lower Post / Scale.
- For Posts at Sl. No. 1 to 3, the marine studies / ocean technology related experience will be an added advantage.
- Reservation for SC / ST/ OBC / PH will be as per the Government of India rules and norms. The Physically handicapped candidates are required to produce medical certificates issued by the Competent Medical Authorities for the purpose of employment.
- The applications received after due date or without enclosures or incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. NIOT cannot take any responsibility for transit and other delays.
- NIOT reserves the right not to fill up any post(s) without assigning any reasons what so ever.
- Additional weightage will be given to Candidates with GATE and other higher academic qualification.
- Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification.
- Any unsolicited communication regarding this advertisement is strictly prohibited.
- The decision of NIOT in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of application shall be final and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual or his/her agency.
- No. of vacancies are tentative and may increase/decrease depending on the requirement.
Application should be sent to,
National Institute of Ocean Technology
Tambaram Main Road,
Chennai – 601302,
So as to reach on or before the due date, duly super scribing on the envelope “the post and discipline for which applied”. For more information about NIOT Recruitment 2010 visit URL: http://www.niot.res.in/recruit/cv/job.php?id=95.